Poll - Which SSE package have you ordered ?

Discussions and information after you have ordered your services from SSE

Which SSE package have you ordered ?

SSE Everyday Broadband (Up to 17 Mbps)+ Talk Weekend @ £21.49/mth
No votes
SSE Superfast Fibre (Up to 38 Mbps) + Talk Anytime @ £21.00/mth
No votes
SSE Superfast Fibre (Up to 38 Mbps) + Talk Anytime Plus @ £23.00/mth
5%
SSE Ultrafast Fibre (Up to 76 Mbps) + Talk Anytime @ £21.00/mth
95%

Total votes: 20

admin
Site Admin
Poll - Which SSE package have you ordered ?

Post by admin » Tue May 31, 2016 10:01 am

Please use the poll above to register which SSE package you have signed up to.

403DCD

Re: Poll - Which SSE package have you ordered ?

Post by 403DCD » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:51 pm

I've gone for the 38Mbs option, purely because that's the maximum that I can get where I live, but I'm not paying the advertised price (I work for SSE ... don't all shout at me at once :) )

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Would have been good t have an "insider" a few weeks ago :D

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:55 am

Quick insider question - if you don't mind.

Do you work in the call centre? If so, how many people work on a shift, I often get connected to the same person and just thought if it was a big team that's quite a coincidence

403DCD

Post by 403DCD » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:40 pm

brandonsbillingham wrote:Quick insider question - if you don't mind.
Not at all - fire away!
Do you work in the call centre? If so, how many people work on a shift, I often get connected to the same person and just thought if it was a big team that's quite a coincidence
I am indeed one of the poor sods that takes the brunt of an angry public (*). It really depends what branch of SSE you are a customer of as to which CC you'll have the number for (Scottish Hydro customers are initially directed to the Perth/Cumbernauld CCs, SWALEC to Cardiff and Southern Electric / SSE Energy to Havant), all of which are 0800-2000 Mon-Fri, 0800-1400 Sat, and they're all on three or four shifts per day).

At the moment, Talk & Broadband calls are directed to either Perth (roughly everywhere north of York) or Havant (south of) on a roughly 35/65 split, but if one CC is overloaded, you'll be redirected to the other one. I couldn't give you an exact number of people in total, but from glancing at the stats, it really does seem to be "all or nothing" in terms of call volume - that's to say that one day can be really quiet, with operators talking to each other for a few minutes between calls (no queues), or it's constant (queues up to a recorded maximum of 47 minutes). So it's quite possible that if you call twice on a 'quiet' day, you may well speak to the same advisor twice, but given the size of the teams, and the number of calls, I'd say that's pretty rare!

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure of the total number of T&B CSAs, but given the size of the area they occupy in my site, I'd guess at around 250-300, but there is a recruitment campaign going on at the moment to get more CC staff transferred from GE (General Enqs) onto T&B, so things may get better in the near future.

Feel free to push anymore questions at me - if I *can* answer them, I will, within the obvious T&Cs of my contract, especially the 'non-disclosure' bit, so don't bite my head off if I cannot (not allowed to) or can't (just don't know) the answer!

All the best,

403DCD (that's a subtle clue as to which site I'm at ...!)

(*) - I picked up a call yesterday from a old chap who reckoned he was paying too much for his gas & 'leccy. Took a look at his accounts and turned out he'd been paying £50/mo on both fuels for three years. Was shocked when I looked at his account, so checked his annual energy usage, asked a few questions, and prodded about on a calculator. Double checked everything, then dropped his monthly DD payments to £15/mo (for both) and refunded him £3000. Then arranged for a smartmeter to be fitted ASAFP, and he was almost in tears with happiness. "I wish I could thank you in some way - that's almost saved my life". Explained that we're not allowed to take 'gifts' as thanks, but passed him through to my manager - she came over a few mins later and honestly - it's the first time I've seen her smile in months. One call like that made a pretty bad week a brilliant one. We are human ... unless you speak badly to me first thing on a Monday morning, in which case I bite :)

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:27 am

Thanks for the info!

Must say despite the few small cock ups in the ordering process never been tempted to get annoyed at you guys as everyone is so nice and professional on the phone. I think the only unfortunate thing right now is the disconnect between SSE and the BB Supplier, so when things do go wrong you can't run any simple line tests etc.

Any new product plans in the pipeline? A CS agent said free Fibre for 2 years was to launch soon.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:26 am

brandonsbillingham wrote: Any new product plans in the pipeline? A CS agent said free Fibre for 2 years was to launch soon.
You'd like to think they would sort the £21pm fiasco first though ;)

Mark

403DCD

Post by 403DCD » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:28 am

Marksfish wrote:
brandonsbillingham wrote: Any new product plans in the pipeline? A CS agent said free Fibre for 2 years was to launch soon.
For those on an 18mo plan with more than a year left ... is the rumour. Not even published internally.
You'd like to think they would sort the £21pm fiasco first though ;)

Mark[/quote]

Hate to be seen to be shrugging stuff sidewards, but BT are not our staff. We have to put bookings in - and it's a lot cheaper to switch a OR line than it is to convert a Virgin/Sky line. Shoot me if you want, but they be facts. And if an OR engineer goes out to a cabled property, he's allowed to walk away if it's not on his sheet.

The 'free fibre' deal was supposed to be a beta rollout to selected customers, but someone released it waaay too early. Not me.... And I'll ignore the 'fiasco' intonation.

403DCD

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:00 am

Do you know the long game? Is it serious broadband supplier or additional service say how tesco used to do it.