all set for the 29th

Create your own post detailing your experience of joining SSE from start to finish. Use it as a journal to detail when your ordered, when you received communications, connection dates and more!
corn8eef
all set for the 29th

Post by corn8eef » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:44 pm

hi just to say about the engineer visit, I was told at registering that an engineer would call on the 29/6 .that it would take 2 hours and if I missed him then I would be charged over £100 cant remember the exact amount.However that wouldnt be a problem as I was to be home that day anyway. A couple of days later I received a phone call with a withheld number ,for some reason I cant explain I answered it as I make a point of not answering withheld calls.It was SSE telling me that due to bad weather that the engineer would be 24hours late calling at my address . great I would have to take another day off work as well as my usual one ,the guy on the other end of the line was very sympathetic but could do nothing about it , so the 30th it was going to be.Fifteen minutes later another withheld number , different guy but same company telling me everything was as planned for the 29th and he knew nothing about the previous call also as i have already got fibre in the street that a visit from an engineer wouldnt be necessary as they could do the transfer remotely .A bit confusing but lets wait and see what happens on Wednesday ,will let you all know how I get on.

serroco

Re: all set for the 29th

Post by serroco » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:34 am

Hi
My connection is also the 29th and have been told I need am Engineer,and the only phone call I had was to make sure the date was OK for me.There has been so many conflicting stories on here that you can only go with what actually happens to you.Most people seem to have a different experience from SSE and not all good,the speed offered seems in most places no where near what is offered seems a lot of traffic shaping.I hope this is them just sorting out teething problems with such an influx of people signing up at once.So good luck and hope all goes well. :D

corn8eef

Post by corn8eef » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am

Hi all, the day before transfer so thought id do a few speed tests .Been getting results from different test sites and they are coming in between 24 and 30 down and 1.8 and 2 up depending on which site, this is quite good because for the last two weeks my service from talktalk has been terrible,dropping out all the time and really slow when it was up .Perhaps its a last ditch attempt to make me stay with them NOOOOOOOO cant wait to be shut of them never again.Lets hope SSE perform better,will let you know how things pan out tomorrow.Till then cheerio.

corn8eef

Post by corn8eef » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:10 pm

well nothing happening yet ,I unplugged my old router and tried the new and no internet, that was at 11oclock so re plugged the old one and its still working (12.09) so will try again in a hour or so

serroco

Post by serroco » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Here we are the 29th and the experience could of not been better.From start to finish,Router delivered,Welcome pack plus two letters explaining what would be happening and the change over date,what would be happening with the Engineer and what time they would visit.A phone call to make sure that the date they had given me was convenient for me and did I have any Questions.This morning the 29th a phone call from the Open Reach Engineer to say he was on his way and where he was (about hour away). He then phoned to say he was at the cabinet and would be another half hour.He then came to the house and changed the socket tested everything set up my laptop to show all was working and gave me the speed test.He also explained why people can get faster or slower speeds even ASDL sometimes being faster than Fibre Broadband.So all in all well done SSE a job well done. :D

corn8eef

Post by corn8eef » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Well my old router went off about 2.30 so i connected the new one back up ,connected my laptop by ethernet brill nice and easy .however took about an hour to connect by wifi .My laptop couldnt find the router so had to do it manually there are three different numbers on the little card and all the letters and numbers are written very small and yes the letter B looks just like the number 8 .When I realised my mistake bingo all my devices connected, so just tried a speed test download 31 and up 18 will try a few more later .Glad everything went smoothly for you Serroco .

serroco

Post by serroco » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Glad you are up and running lets hope all goes well from here on in. :D

corn8eef

Post by corn8eef » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:25 am

Yes things are going but I wouldnt say they are going well like the old saying "How sloooow can you goooo" if things got any slower it would stop .How can SSE call this "Ultrafast" it just isnt that is a blatant lie.I dont really know what to do from here or to put it correctly if there is anything I can do from here ,this isnt what I signed up to I was promised speeds of around 35 to 45mbs not 1.8mbs.If anyone has any suggestions I am more than happy to listen.

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:19 pm

Complain. Tbey make you take screenshots, confirm that your speeds suck.

Then they tell you can leave if you pay them £400+, since it is not in SSE's business interest to let you go for free...

I know, I'm in the middle of it...

Good luck!

serroco

Post by serroco » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:03 pm

I can see all the problems people are having but mine seems ok registering 30 to 50+ most of the time.Not as high as promised but seeing I came from a very slow download speed,below 2 as this was the fastest at the time in the sticks.I now get direct catch up on Sky when I used to have to wait for ages for it to download.The speed tests I do is wireless with other programs open, sometimes a Sky download and it still seems OK.The BT Wholesale says to do all sorts but I just tick the box and go.As I said I think it is because I came from a very slow speed and think it is great at the moment.It does seem though that people are getting some really slow speeds,I wonder what there other package speeds are if this is Ultra Fast.Just done a test while writing this Ookla 43 down 19 up and BTW 49 down 16 up.It is 19-00 Sat 02/2016. :D