Router TG589vac

Create your own post detailing your experience of joining SSE from start to finish. Use it as a journal to detail when your ordered, when you received communications, connection dates and more!
Scotch_Whisky
Router TG589vac

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:13 am

Hi All,

Fibre router arrived today and I must say I am very pleased with it. I didn't expect a two band wifi router.

Despite the router having a label on it saying "Please do not connect this router until your activation date" I've already connected it!

I'm with BT at the moment and just replaced the HomeHub 5 with this one. Just had to change the user name and it burst into life.

Performance is very similar to the HomeHub 5 except the the SSE router appears to have a better wifi range.

I haven't been given a given a changeover date by SSE but BT say the date is the 22 June.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Router TG589vac

Post by admin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:13 am

Welcome Scotch_Whisky to the forums.

I have to agree - the router is much better than the previous ones I have used with TalkTalk and BT. - I've only been connected 3 days but all working well so far.

happyman

Re: Router TG589vac

Post by happyman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 pm

All good here too with the router and service - Very pleased with the router, it seems to be more stable than the BT one.