Just waiting for 13th

Create your own post detailing your experience of joining SSE from start to finish. Use it as a journal to detail when your ordered, when you received communications, connection dates and more!
ozskins
Just waiting for 13th

Post by ozskins » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:48 pm

They have been good so far, everything has turned up but no contact from engineer so far and getting a bit concerned.
Never had fibre before so assuming we will definitely need his or her services?
Have an asus RT66 at the moment with seperate modem, any thoughts on using this which we have found to be a great bit of kit or the technicolour already delivered by SSE?
Since fibre arrived in village recently, maybe coincidentally, the adsl is pants and at peak times can be as low as 1-2. We can not get the ultrafast here but looking forward to up to 38, any guesses on real world performance?
Any thoughts advice welcome.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Just waiting for 13th

Post by admin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Hello ozskins,

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, if your property has never had Fibre before an engineer will definitely be required to your property. They will need to replace the face plate on your master phone socket.

I've only on my second day after being transferred but very pleased with the supplied router - It is much better than the last couple I have used with TalkTalk and BT.

You can get an idea on other peoples speeds by looking at the speed test section of this site - See http://www.discussisp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

For estimations on your lowest/highest speeds you can use the BT Wholesale checker at:

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

It is the VDSL service results you need to look at on that site for your estimated minimum/maximum speeds to get an idea.

Hope this helps,

Admin

happyman

Post by happyman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:35 am

Speeds are good here too - only been connected a couple of days but no issues with speed.

The router seems to work well too - no issues, and wi-fi strength better than my old one.

ozskins

Post by ozskins » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Thanks guys

any one recommend I can use the asus rt66u that I have currently rather than technicolour? Any recommends very welcome. Found the asus to be very good and very stable

ozskins

Post by ozskins » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Just tested and getting just over 2mbps so really looking forward to the difference.

Should I have heard from engineer by now?

thanks