Signed up, now want to leave

Create your own post detailing your experience of joining SSE from start to finish. Use it as a journal to detail when your ordered, when you received communications, connection dates and more!
gardener
Signed up, now want to leave

Post by gardener » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:10 pm

Well I signed up for the top speed package as my Bt broadband deal was coming to an end.At first it all seemed fine on SSE until the last few days.I have noticed on the google search on my location page is saying I am in Worksop when I am actually in Surrey but when I access the internet on my ipad it gives the correct location which is very odd.I tried restarting my router but that made no difference whatsoever.My download speeds are down to about 20 mb when I was quoted 65-70mb.
I have tried using their online page to put in for some help but even that crashes on my computer.Anyone else having the same problem with the help page on their website?

Marksfish

Re: Signed up, now want to leave

Post by Marksfish » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:18 pm

You have a dynamic ip and the location is where the last user was. In a couple of days, it will show your location, or you can use the "location reported by this computer" at the bottom of the page.

A slowdown to 20Mbps, that is luxury!!

Try headofcustomerserviceteam@sse.com , they will try and direct you to the online form, but tell them it doesn't work. Be prepared for a bumpy ride, as there is nothing wrong with their service (apparently).

Mark

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Google will use the location of the IP address if you withhold location information in your browser (do not track me). You probably have less strict settings on you iPad (i.e. allowed location information to be shared) hence the more precise location on your iPad.

According to Google I am in London, but in reality I am next to Aberdeen...

Keep us posted on your experiences with SSE with regards to leaving them. I want out as well. Even though CS agree that my speeds are crap, they have been overruled by a manager higher up. It is not in the economic interest of SSE to let people leave without paying cancellation charges.
They now let me hang on for another 5+ weeks, until I can approach the ombudsman.

In the mean time I am spamming them CS with speedtests and screenshots of really sssslllllooooowwwww download speeds.

Best of luck.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Have you tried working with their social team on this issue?

Keep up the spamming.

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:18 pm

I have single point of contact. He updates me on a week to week basis, and he is the one that gets my speedtests.

What is their social team?

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 pm

On Twitter, they invite you to email them directly and seem quick to escalate issues.

Though if you have one point of contact seems like you're well positioned already.