Engineer Visit - Is it necessary?

Discussions and information after you have ordered your services from SSE
Scotch_Whisky
Engineer Visit - Is it necessary?

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:31 pm

I am due to move from BT Infinity 2 to SSE Ultimate Broadband on the 22nd of June.

I have had several calls from SSE saying that an engineer visit is required and I need to be available between 1pm and 6pm.

As I already have fttc broadband I know a visit is not necessary but can't seem to convince SSE of this fact. From the documentation I have already received from SSE all I have to do is replace my BT supplied router (HomeHub 5) with the SSE supplied one.

Anyone else had this problem?

Marksfish

Re: Engineer Visit - Is it necessary?

Post by Marksfish » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:37 pm

I already have fibre and many others on here also had fibre already My activation is tomorrow and I have already told them I will not be in for any engineer. There are others who have waited in and no engineer has turned up, the service has just gone live.

Unless transferring to fibre from ADSL, there is no engineer requirement and some ISP's are just providing filters on a (trial) self install basis now and not even having the face plate replaced.

Mark

Scotch_Whisky

Re: Engineer Visit - Is it necessary?

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:22 am

I am now with SSE!

Went over this morning with no problems both phone and broadband. I'll let you know if an engineer turns up later on.

Speeds are pretty much the same as BT. (75/18) and a quick test on Sky shows films are downloading just as fast as they did with BT.

Tests done between 9 and 10 am. I'll see what things are like this evening.