HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
happyman
Re: HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Post by happyman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:08 pm

It just means you don't need to give BT as much notice if you are moving supplier - that is different to the cancelling without penalty due to the price increase - which I think you are talking about.

The 12 days is irrelevant now - You told them within the 30 days, and you will now have 30 days for SSE to tell BT.

BT should have told you this over the phone along with the last date of the 30 day period (They did for me).

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:20 pm

happyman wrote:It just means you don't need to give BT as much notice if you are moving supplier - that is different to the cancelling without penalty due to the price increase - which I think you are talking about.

The 12 days is irrelevant now - You told them within the 30 days, and you will now have 30 days for SSE to tell BT.

BT should have told you this over the phone along with the last date of the 30 day period (They did for me).
Nope, BT were as much use as a chocolate teapot in all of this! Kinda glad I am leaving them to be honest!

SSE are lovely to talk to once you get through, I appreciate they are very busy right now and hopefully it calms down soon

The last person at SSE basically said "Thanks to BT and our new deals we are really busy right now, the amount of sign ups we have had has been mental but don't worry we will look after you"
Last edited by ashscrivens on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:20 am

SUCESSS!

My line is transferred on 27th Jun which I am glad about as my BT broadband has become terrible recently, showing great speed test results but at the same time struggles to even send a whatsapp message!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:00 pm

I came home from work yesterday to find a Attempted Delivery from Parcelforce so I'm guessing its my router

btw not sure if admin wants move this post into My Joining SSE Experience

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Had a phone call this morning from SSE confirming my engineers appointment :? I advised her I going from fibre to fibre and the router actually already makes a connection showing the "BT Wholesale Holding Screen" when I tried connect it the other day.

She advised I still need an engineer to visit, I clearly don't! I just said yes so it wasn't to affect my connection date

Should I just hope nobody arrives or should I call SSE tonight?

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Don't worry, they won't show up....

I received a letter dated 7 days prior to receiving it, informing me of an engineer visit a day earlier..

One word of advice: run while you can. If it is too good to be true, it usually is. My broadband is now slower than my ADSL+ from three year ago... I was on maximum speed (80/20) with BT. I only switched for the price. I now wish I hadn't bothered..

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 am

Doogie wrote:Don't worry, they won't show up....

I received a letter dated 7 days prior to receiving it, informing me of an engineer visit a day earlier..

One word of advice: run while you can. If it is too good to be true, it usually is. My broadband is now slower than my ADSL+ from three year ago... I was on maximum speed (80/20) with BT. I only switched for the price. I now wish I hadn't bothered..
So I called them yesterday after work when I got in my car, started the call in Birmingham and managed get through to a human in Stoke (that's about 50 miles down the M6!, 45mins!)

Anyway, they checked with openreach and I don't actually need an engineer, he explained an external company deal with their bookings and apologised.

I hear mixed opinions about the speed on here, as the fibre cabinet is in my apartment block I'm hoping this gives me an advantage.

Colbol

Post by Colbol » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Well it works out at £13.40 per month for 18 months with line rental and anytime calls - if you used Topcashback.
For that money I can get by on 75meg early in the morning and crap speeds during the afternoon and evening.

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:12 am

Colbol wrote:Well it works out at £13.40 per month for 18 months with line rental and anytime calls - if you used Topcashback.
For that money I can get by on 75meg early in the morning and crap speeds during the afternoon and evening.
Very True!

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 pm

Well I am all connected and get impressive speeds during the day 75mb Down 20mb Up but come 8pm till about 11pm this drops to 20mb Down 10mb Up

For what I use it for its not too bad as for that price id only get ADSL with anyone else, I just hope it doesn't get any worse, its a little bit annoying and could become unusable!

I may call them if I see it happening every night as it could be a fault in my area