HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
Doogie
Re: HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Post by Doogie » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:28 pm

ashscrivens wrote:I may call them if I see it happening every night as it could be a fault in my area
It happens UK wide... Not just your area.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:27 pm

I am betting it is a lack of capacity, not line issues or exchange problems caused by the ongoing promotion. Funny how it runs fine all day, until about 2pm!!

Mark

lugsy3

Post by lugsy3 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:03 pm

They admitted to me they do traffic shape so that's what you are going to get , hopefully it won't interfere in normal tasks.

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Have been having regular contact with SSE customer services (CS) lately. At their request I have compiled dozens of screenshots of speedtests and actual download speeds on HTTP, FTP & Torrent.

It shows clearly that SSE/Daisy have a huge capacity problem.

I told them I want out and the CS rep and his manager agree that the speeds I receive are not acceptable, and that they don't see a reason why I could not leave . They have been overruled by someone higher up the foodchain saying he will not let me go because of a business standpoint.
I posted a complaint and he is forcing me to stay until the problem has been rectified, or until they admit that the slow speeds are beyond their control and they let me go.
I have been given the option to leave if I pay £400+ in cancelation charges, even though their CS department admit that the speeds I receive are crap.

According to CS, SSE will have a meeting with Daisy next week to discuss precisely the problems a lot of us are seeing. I.e. a sharp drop in download speeds to a point where it becomes unusable.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Let's hope they give Daisy a good shake by the ankles then!!! I am currently being fobbed off with the BTW tester, infuriating :twisted:

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:35 pm

That is exactly what I have been updating them on.

The BTW speedtest shows a slow-down during the day, but the actual download speeds from normal websites suffer far more.

Between 5 am and 2 pm the speed on BTW drops from 62MBPS to 30MBPS and they continue to fall to around 10MBPS after 6pm.
But the actual download speeds I get while downloading updates or other day to day files happens at a much lower rate, around 300-600 kbps during the day.

Upload traffic is not affected at all, and actually happens at a higher rate than tested by the BTW website.

As I said before, SSE admit the speeds are crap. But they are protecting their business, and won't allow me to leave without paying the cancellation fee. At least not until the speed problem "has been thoroughly investigated" and a solution has been found....

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Doogie wrote: As I said before, SSE admit the speeds are crap. But they are protecting their business, and won't allow me to leave without paying the cancellation fee. At least not until the speed problem "has been thoroughly investigated" and a solution has been found....
Wonder how the ombudsman will view it? What time scale have they given you for a resolution? If you haven't heard back after a long and insufferable 8 weeks, you can go to the ombudsman without a deadlock letter.

Mark

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Apparently they have a meeting with Daisy where they will discus these speed issues (acc. to CS). Their hope is that speeds will improve after that meeting.

I doubt that though. The speed issue has been going on for quite some time already, and I do not believe this meeting will improve anything overnight.

I don't know how long they plan to keep me tied to this contract. As I said, they want to investigate. And as I understand, part of their solution should come from that meeting with Daisy.

I will talk to them next week Friday, and discuss again.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:10 pm

I think a lot of us will be waiting on the outcome of that meeting ;)

Mark

deanos

Post by deanos » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:27 am

Im also having trouble leaving, i had a manager dealing with my case, i was getting daily updates which were a waste of time, i asked to leave and had to go to the department manager, he called me and said it needs to go to more senior managers, and has asked for one last chance to resolve the issue

I wanted to leave before BT put there line saver price up which was yesterday so missed that opportunity.

Has anyone actually read the termination terms because it says

Talk Anytime (15) £7.75 a month for the remainder of the contract max 18 months
Broadband Ultrafast £26.50 p/m + £33 termination charge + £6.45 cease charge max 12 months

Now as the Fiber is free im sure they cant actually charge a for it, im no legal eagle but surely they cant charge for something that's free ?

So surely the max they could charge is £7.55 x 18 , + £33 termination + £6.45 cease fee ? = £175.35