HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
Marksfish
Re: HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:34 pm

No broadband cease fee as you would be migrating out, not cancelling the service.

Seems to me that by offering you this, you are at deadlock. you should now insist that they give you a deadlock letter so that you can go to the ombudsman. They may not like that as the ombudsman charges companies for every complaint they receive (about £150 I believe).

Mark

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:37 pm

Don't forget the complaint to Ofcom as well: https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/for ... Permission

While they won't investigate individual cases, if enough people complain, it helps build a case against them.

deanos

Post by deanos » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:39 pm

just because its in the t+c does not mean its right,

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Marksfish wrote:No broadband cease fee as you would be migrating out, not cancelling the service.

Seems to me that by offering you this, you are at deadlock. you should now insist that they give you a deadlock letter so that you can go to the ombudsman. They may not like that as the ombudsman charges companies for every complaint they receive (about £150 I believe).

Mark
CISAS won't accept that as a deadlock letter unless the company indicates that they are 'unable' or 'unwilling' to take the matter any further. Though the phrasing SSE used is vague it could still be interpreted that they're working on it.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:42 pm

deanos wrote:just because its in the t+c does not mean its right,
Couldn't agree more, as I said it seems wrong and unjustified. I don't think there are many telecom providers out there that offer up fair terms for the consumer though, and I've been with the majority now.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:44 pm

brandonsbillingham wrote: CISAS won't accept that as a deadlock letter unless the company indicates that they are 'unable' or 'unwilling' to take the matter any further. Though the phrasing SSE used is vague it could still be interpreted that they're working on it.
I understand that, but you should now insist on the deadlock letter from SSE as they are taking the p now. One thing to consider is that if you went through a cashback site, you may also be liable to return that (if paid).

Mark

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Marksfish wrote:
brandonsbillingham wrote: CISAS won't accept that as a deadlock letter unless the company indicates that they are 'unable' or 'unwilling' to take the matter any further. Though the phrasing SSE used is vague it could still be interpreted that they're working on it.
I understand that, but you should now insist on the deadlock letter from SSE as they are taking the p now. One thing to consider is that if you went through a cashback site, you may also be liable to return that (if paid).

Mark
Oh of course without a doubt. As you said though it's not in their interest to do so as it has a £150 cost. If there is 5 weeks to go and they believe or know they may be able to solve it within this time frame then they'll do it.

T-Mobile did the exact same thing to me when my phone couldn't send texts or data. Telecom companies skimp wherever they can as it's constantly a race to the bottom.

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:12 am

They wouldn't be able charge you that amount anyway, OFCOM have a cap now, its around £225.

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:36 am

brandonsbillingham wrote:
Marksfish wrote:No broadband cease fee as you would be migrating out, not cancelling the service.

Mark
CISAS won't accept that as a deadlock letter unless the company indicates that they are 'unable' or 'unwilling' to take the matter any further. Though the phrasing SSE used is vague it could still be interpreted that they're working on it.
SSE are still trying to resolve the problem. They will keep me for the next 4-5 weeks until the 8 week period is over.

As I said elsewhere, I keep spamming them with screenshots of speedtests & actual download speeds. And by the looks of it, it is getting worse. Slower speeds for longer periods of the day.

And over the last four days, the BQM starts showing Daisy is running near/at max capacity.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Mine looks very similar: