Re: HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Post by deanos » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:12 pm

How do you work the chart out ?

This is mine

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Your image isn't showing :(

The FAQ's for the graph are here: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/faq/sections/bqm.html

Takes a couple of read throughs to get your head (almost) around it. I have taken to asking the question on the TBB forum as it is their monitor.

Mark

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:11 pm

So I was going call them tonight but when I got home after work I was shocked to see it still running at full speed

Just done a test at 8pm and still seems fine and just downloaded a HD film on my sky box the fastest I've ever seen!

Somethings seems to have been sorted :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deanos

Post by deanos » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:15 pm

speedtest isn't very reliable , its been mentioned its whitelisted so gives false results , see mine just now, a world apart, see last one 30 mins for a 1gb file, this suggests speedtest is giving false results

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:35 pm

So I started seeing my connection becoming very reliable and I probably went a whole week with a strong 70Mb connection, this was backed up by seeing 1Gb files download in mins and 4K Netflix working like a dream!

Was all looking on the up and then one day it shot straight back down to a poor 8mb!! infact it was struggling with basic websites :evil: this has continued everyday again since

Has anyone had any luck with getting anything out of SSE about there "meeting with Daisy" I mentioned I "read it online that you have a meeting with them" and the customer service agent admitted they have so they are clearly aware of issues!

In my eyes, all these engineer visits to customers are just wasting SSE's time, money and reputation!

I don't want the hassle of changing broadband again, I want to stay with SSE it seems it could be a great service but someone need pull their finger out at SSE Head Office and get on Daisy's back, this is clearly a capacity issue!

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:47 pm

In a word, no. Several of us have now had engineers out. One of us has been offered an out and I am still waiting, playing the back and forth game. Had trouble watching videos on Kodi last night.

Mark

deanos

Post by deanos » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:54 pm

ashscrivens wrote:
I don't want the hassle of changing broadband again, I want to stay with SSE it seems it could be a great service but someone need pull their finger out at SSE Head Office and get on Daisy's back, this is clearly a capacity issue!
It might not be Daisys fault, they might be supplying the capacity that SSE has bought

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:30 pm

I mentioned it last month, but I notice that this month Daisy are ranked as a top 25 speeds provider!!
top5.png
So it would seem the ball is firmly in SSE's court and they need to up their purchased bandwidth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maui

Post by maui » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:15 pm

To those that have been forced cancellation charges - I was able to get out penalty free - but had to provide lots of evidence to do so.

BTW - Those charges do not look right anyhow, as a provider is not allowed to charge VAT when a service is not being supplied / cancelled. Therefore it would not be £21, but should be £16.80 per month.

Also push the escalation to Ofcom, they cannot stop you doing that after 8 weeks, but before then you can have them generate a deadlock letter (although they are typically reluctant to).
My latest speedtest Results: