HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
ashscrivens
HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Post by ashscrivens » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:42 am

Hello newbie here

I have just signed up to SSE Ultrafast Fibre moving from BT due to there price increases and sky offering me a decent deal on my TV to come back.

Few questions if I may..

I signed up through quidco for a cashback deal but this hasn't been tracked, to make a manual claim I need a account number, will this be in my welcome pack?

The supplied router, is it decent? am I able to use my BT home hub 5 if it isn't?

This traffic management I see people talking about, lets say I downloaded quite a few programmes on my sky box, if they cut the speed of my broadband for the evening how much are we talking? if its half I don't see an issue as I will expect to get around 70mb as I am very close to the cabinet!

Apparently not everyone on SSE is connected by Daisy at the exchange and maybe connected by via BT, anyone know if Edgbaston exchange in Birmingham is?

Sorry for all the questions but ill be sure to post my progress to help other people thinking of joining!

Cheers Ash

happyman

Re: HELLO! - Just signed up to Ultrafast package

Post by happyman » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:46 am

I can't answer all of your questions but I'm moving for the same reason - was with BT.

My Topcashback didn't track either so I submitted a claim. In a few days time your account number should show when you login to your SSE account using the e-mail address and password you chose when you signed up. You can then use this with your Quidco claim.

The router IS big in size. It looks to be feature packed, but not sure as not transferred over to SSE yet how good it actually is.

I believe Daisy are the company who provide the internet over BT's network - I think this is for all customers.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:55 am

Hi ashscrivens,

Welcome to the site!

It looks like happyman has answered most of your questions.

I believe the BT Home Hub cannot be used with SSE as the firmware is locked to BT - I don't have any experience of this myself, but have read this previously on another website.

Those that are experiencing speed issues seem to say it goes very slow indeed. Some speed tests have been provided on here to see, but I will provide my own for everyone to see when I get connected in two days time.

Hope this helps,

Admin

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:07 pm

I came through Quidco and my cashback has tracked at £90 instead of the £130. They say it will adjust once the "returns period" is up.

I had a Technicolor router before that I had to send back as it overheated and produced a lot of errors. It wasn't the model supplied by SSE, so we will see.

Will be good to see what the service is like once more us get activated.

Mark

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:04 am

Marksfish wrote:I came through Quidco and my cashback has tracked at £90 instead of the £130. They say it will adjust once the "returns period" is up.

I had a Technicolor router before that I had to send back as it overheated and produced a lot of errors. It wasn't the model supplied by SSE, so we will see.

Will be good to see what the service is like once more us get activated.

Mark
How long did it take to show as tracked on your Quidco?

Fingers crossed for us all!

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:59 pm

It tracked same day for me.

Scotch_Whisky

Post by Scotch_Whisky » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:59 am

Hi,

It tracked same day for me on topcashback at £136.50

I am due to move from BT infinity 2 to see ultimate on the 22nd of June.

I have already connected the supplied router and changed the login details to those of BT. Yes it is a lot bigger than the BT HomeHub5 but the 5G wireless range is much better. I have to say that I am very impressed with it.

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:18 pm

So in order to get out of my BT contract without being charged in my eyes the small print says 'You must give us 30days notice if you wish to not continue with increased prices'

So me calling them just before I took out SSE informing them I am moving to SSE is me giving them 30days notice, I have tried get a definite answer from BT but not really got anywhere, just to be told "don't worry, just make sure SSE are moving your order on quickly"

Now I emailed SSE on Wednesday last week... No response!

I sat on hold for 40mins to get through to their call centre, was told the order hasn't been made yet as they have a 14day cooling off period before they even make the order and inform BT!!

Annoying thing is I called SSE when ordering it and was told by a chap there that they would notify BT a few days after the order was made but this agent didn't take any of my details it was just a discussion so this isn't recorded anywhere.

Reason I am worried is in BT's small print of the price increases it mentions its 14days if you're moving provider so I am starting to worry that this is all going go to pot! I'm yet to receive any welcome pack or connection date.

Sorry to rant on!

happyman

Post by happyman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:49 pm

As long as your transfer request is being processed by BT it doesn't matter if the transfer completes after the notice period - They just need to receive the notification from SSE that you are moving over to them within the 30 day period.

ashscrivens

Post by ashscrivens » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:01 pm

happyman wrote:As long as your transfer request is being processed by BT it doesn't matter if the transfer completes after the notice period - They just need to receive the notification from SSE that you are moving over to them within the 30 day period.
Sorry it might just be me that finds BT's small print confusing.. :cry:
You'll see the new prices on your first bill after 3 July 2016. If you want to change something or even leave, you'll need to give us 30 days' notice (or 14 days if you're switching provider), starting from the date we get your request. We won't charge you any increased prices during that time. And if you're within your minimum term and want to cancel, you'll need to give us a call within 30 days of getting this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early.

Notified of price increases 22nd May, Called BT and advised them I am joining SSE 3rd June - That's 12days

SSE should go to BT for the request just within 30days

What I am confused about is this 14days quoted by BT, is this me giving 14days notice or they need notice from SSE within 14day of me giving them notice.

#lost