Signed up and waiting for info

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
Marksfish
Signed up and waiting for info

Post by Marksfish » Tue May 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Found this forum on a link from TBB, good call :D

I signed up to Ultrafast last weekend (weekend before bank holiday). I have received 2 automated emails from them and nothing else as yet, presumably due to the new 14 day cooling off period that has been introduced. I have noticed that my online account has now had products added, so am checking back there occasionally to see what progress is being made. No mention of any router dispatch or activation date yet, hoping it is done before I go on holiday

I will be migrating over from Plusnet and I am hoping that SSE have already notified them as a part of the 30 day notice period. I did try ringing the SSE call centre and after a 15 minute wait the genuinely helpful operator couldn't see any details of my new account on the system.

Will be watching to see what happens with others on the site and am hoping it will be an easy journey :D

Mark

admin
Site Admin

Re: Signed up and waiting for info

Post by admin » Tue May 31, 2016 10:10 pm

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for signing up !

I've had no other notifications from them myself, but the transfer date I received was provided by my previous provider (BT) - Nothing from SSE themselves.

My transfer date is 15 days after I signed up, so I'm due to be connected next week. No router yet, and no letters from SSE.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly and without any issues. We need to wait and see.