General comments on SSE

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
tog
General comments on SSE

Post by tog » Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 am

Firstly - Great idea to have a dedicated SSE forum (Y).
Someone posted (elsewhere) recently about being tempted with the SSE offer of inclusive broadband and calls for £21 a month. I have checked and, as far as I can see, it compares with our package. We have added weekday evening calls (the package is certainly not calls-inclusive) and Caller Line Identification (CLI - so that our phone screening works) and that brings the package to around £30 a month. They don't make it clear that VAT is to be added!
We have found that their Customer Service is similar to others in that when there is a problem there is a steady spiel that they go through, however unnecessary, which is frustrating. The CS people are simply working from a script and don't seem to be particularly knowledgeable.
We have had a significant number of problems along the way with missed appointments and poor communication. Hopefully an amount of this will be due to their newness in the telecoms arena and will improve as the business matures.

admin
Site Admin

Re: General comments on SSE

Post by admin » Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 am

Hi tog,

Thanks - I was looking for something like this myself, and as one didn't exist I thought I would set one up! I just hope enough people will join in and take part so that it can become a 'one stop shop' for help and information regarding SSE Broadband and phone services.

Yes, it is disappointing that Caller Line Identity is an extra cost when TalkTalk and BT offer this for free (BT via the Privacy package).

I've only spoken to them on the telephone once and they were very polite, easy to understand and did seem genuinely interested in helping me - although I will have probably been through to sales rather than support. The two e-mail replies I've had from them have been clear and answered my questions and replied back within around 24 hours - so reasonably quick.

Thanks

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Tue May 31, 2016 8:30 pm

tog wrote:They don't make it clear that VAT is to be added!
Hmmm, I hadn't realised that. I was under the impression that VAT had to be added to all advertised retail pricing . I wonder if a visit to the ASA might change their advertising practice? Will be very disappointed if VAT is added on top :x

Mark

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Tue May 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Just gone back to their site to look into the VAT thing and it does say:
Incl. VAT at 20%.
Mark

Teddy

Post by Teddy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:39 pm

The OP,s post about VAT to be added is totally wrong.

VAT is included in their prices so don,t be misled by the OP.