Signed up to SSE - Due to be activated 7th June 2016

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
admin
Site Admin
Re: Signed up to SSE - Due to be activated 7th June 2016

Post by admin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Hi Wirral70,

Did you receive your order confirmation from them too, or was it just the online activation one ?

Thanks

Wirral70

Post by Wirral70 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:10 pm

I never received the 2 confirmation emails, just the one about activating my online account however, today I received a letter from SSE asking me to call them so they could check some details.

I called them, they said there was nothing they needed to check, he said the letter was automatically sent just 'because I'm a new customer'.

How odd!

Wirral70

Re: Signed up to SSE - Due to be activated 7th June 201

Post by Wirral70 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:09 am

Just an update.

I called them again on Tuesday as there was still no sign of a welcome pack or, more importantly, activation date. The advisor said it had been sent out 5 days earlier but following a few minutes on hold I was told she was going to resend it because there may have been a problem as 'we don't have a record of your telephone number'. Both landline and mobile numbers were provided when ordering!

Anyway, I just received a call from the same advisor asking if I'd received the welcome pack (which I still haven't) and I added I found it perplexing that I have been given no indication what the activation date is. She confirmed she had no information, I politely advised her that I'm not so happy about the total lack of information and correspondence. She quickly said she was crediting my account with £21.

I'm beginning to regret ordering this now, in fact I'm minded to cancel it. They don't seem very competent!

happyman

Post by happyman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:32 am

I can only say about my connection but it has been great since I was connected - no issues at all.

The advisors do seem 100% better than what I have experienced with my previous provider BT.

There are unfortunately going to be teething problems now and again and hopefully this is just what has happened in your case.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:58 pm

The only way I found out what my activation date was by receiving an email from my current provider telling me when my service with them would cease!! I did get a welcome pack, but it didn't have much useful information in it and I collected my router from the PO yesterday after a failed delivery attempt on Wednesday.

Mark

Wirral70

Post by Wirral70 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:18 am

Just an update.

I have today received notice from Talk Talk that my broadband service will switch to SSE on 27 June so that's a few days over the quoted 23 days from ordering but not bad!

Wirral70

Post by Wirral70 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:27 am

Following an offer for totally unlimited 76Mb Broadband from my existing provider I have decided to cancel my SSE order.

The deal doesn't include the call package that SSE offered but given what I've read about Traffic Manangement etc I think I'm happier leaving it with SSE for a year or so and see how their service pans out.

Many thanks for all the help while I was here!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:11 am

Hi Wirral70,

Thanks for posting to let us know.

Out of interest what is the deal you got with your existing provider ? - Is it the same price as SSE apart from the anytime calls ?

Thanks

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Hmmmm, I think TT may be in breach of guidelines too as I read elsewhere they are not supposed to approach leaving customers with new offers.

Mark

Wirral70

Post by Wirral70 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Marksfish wrote:Hmmmm, I think TT may be in breach of guidelines too as I read elsewhere they are not supposed to approach leaving customers with new offers.

Mark
They didn't approach me, I called them myself with a question about when I leave and they just asked me why I was leaving and they then made me the offer.

But I was becoming increasingly nervous about transferring to SSE anyway. I was offered Line Rental & Fibre Large (76Mb) at £17.70 for 12 months (but no inclusive calls) with free connection (usually £50), we don't need a new router as we already have their ADSL/VDSL combined Modem/Router and it seems an engineer isn't required. The price will revert to £32.70 from month 13 on an 18 month contract. The connection date is the same as with SSE, 27 June.

I've never had any issues with the service and billing with TalkTalk but when you do need to speak to them the CS can be frustrating!