Setting up email account

For those SSE Broadband customers experiencing technical issues and require assistance
markeye
Setting up email account

Post by markeye » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Anyone out there with guidance on how to set up an email account within SSE? Their tech support seems minimal and no guidance at all on their website.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Setting up email account

Post by admin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Hi markeye,

Are you looking to set up a new e-mail address or get your existing e-mail address configured with the service ?

If it is an existing one, which domain is the e-mail from - eg. yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc.

Thanks

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:26 pm

From what I have read elsewhere, SSE don't provide a mail service so you will need to use a 3rd party. That said, I have seen somewhere that you may be able to use the Daisy smtp server as SSE use their network.

Mark

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Most e-mail providers (such as Hotmail/Outlook, gmail) provide their own SMTP server for sending out e-mail, so in most cases you can use their server rather than that of your ISP.

As Marksfish has said though, it may be possible to use the SMTP server from Daisy Wholesale (The company who provide the internet for SSE customers).

The SMTP server address is: smtp.daisybb.co.uk

chipxtreme

Post by chipxtreme » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:15 am

I just tried this with my o2 e-mail address and using Thunderbird, smtp.daisybb.co.uk with port 25 works :)