My speedtest (please try multiple sites as some have been whitelisted)

Existing SSE Broadband customers can post their speed test results in this forum
j1mgg
My speedtest (please try multiple sites as some have been whitelisted)

Post by j1mgg » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:29 pm

I have been doing some tests over the last few days and also been checking quality of netflix, or lack of.
290616 0523.png
290616 1646.png
300616 0544.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

j1mgg

Re: My speedtest (please try multiple sites as some have been whitelisted)

Post by j1mgg » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:31 pm

300616 1559.png
Ubuntu 1702.png
Ubunut 1705 phone.png
laptop tethered to my phone

other were done with my laptop directly connected to the modem, and not other people in the house, or device activity
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:01 pm

I don't think you'll find they have been whitelisted as such, but they use a multi thread testing system and it is the single thread where (usually) the discrepancy comes from. I have 3 different results from 3 testers (BTW, TBB, TestmyNet).

Mark

lugsy3

Post by lugsy3 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 pm

BT wholesale is the only site they accept I was told when speaking to them. Basically to report problems use the BT wholesale broadband performance test page then after the result click further diagnostics then enter phone number I use and the results will be sent to SSE automatically on my account.
However I think that is just line test not an actual file download which is different, I think that is right?

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:18 pm

All you are doing with the BT speedtest is directly testing to their equipment. It won't show up anything to SSE/ Daisy about their lack of capacity, or their traffic shaping, they will know about that already (or should do!!)

Mark

j1mgg

Post by j1mgg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:36 am

So still having the same issue, and just the usual coming back (change ethernet cable, change wifi channel, use 2.4ghz and not 5ghz.

Latest one is that my router isnt renewing IP address and i have been stuck on the same one, but they have now changed and i should get a new IP every time the router refreshes, lease expires.

Have advised this is the last 7 days before I have to take it to the ombudsman as last night i had to tether my desktop to my phone to watch the footie as the broadband couldnt handle the HD stream