Speed Test Results - Marksfish (Sandy Exchange)

Existing SSE Broadband customers can post their speed test results in this forum
serroco
Re: Speed Test Results - Marksfish (Sandy Exchange)

Post by serroco » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:18 pm

Same here my speeds are good for me as I started of with a low speed, and I live in the sticks so decent providers are few and far between.I have had a good experience with SSE, but can understand if people are getting a bad deal to what they are used to.It would be very frustrating as it was sold as Ultrafast Broadband at a good price.Mine ended up a lot faster and also cheaper. :D

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:23 pm

I should really have stopped testing speeds now that I am leaving, but I wanted to make sure I had made the right decision. After almost a week of consistent speeds, the problems have returned, only this time, both speeds are reading lower:

deanos

Post by deanos » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Im getting great speeds 24/7 now im on BT

deanos

Post by deanos » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:21 pm

not bad for evening time, daughter on you tube when im running this test so its dropped a little

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:57 pm

Been getting solid speeds with SSE for a while now

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:22 pm

I haven't been checking my speeds recently as I am leaving tomorrow. However, checking my Samknows box shows that the speed is still dropping to 8mb and below on a nightly basis.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Have had Samknows unplugged as I was rearranging the room it was in. Will post results up in a few days

fuzed

Post by fuzed » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Markfish, same issue, I'm in bedford behind the train station, so there should be capacity considering its a town. I've logged complaints, etc, they want to send an engineer out, and I keep seeing speed drops at 8pm to 4MB or 6MB, it's only just starting happening over the past few weeks, but I'm guessing they have too many customers now in the local area.

Been with SSE for a year now, so only around 5/6 mths left of the contract, but I'm not paying money for such a poor service, so have asked about leaving if they can't fix the problem.