SSE/Daisy don't show real speeds on speedtest or BT speed test.

Existing SSE Broadband customers can post their speed test results in this forum
maui
Re: SSE/Daisy don't show real speeds on speedtest or BT speed test.

Post by maui » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 am

potpie wrote:I have had the same. On the site they tell you to go to (btwholesale) i get a 64mb result, on speediest, broadbandspeedchecker etc.. I barely get 5Mbs

Surely this is illegal as it is totally deceptive?
Unfortunately they put in the T&C that they traffic manage - apparently when network issues occur or peak times. The SSE Manager I have been dealing with has always said this only applies to P2P traffic.

So as deceptive as it is, it is a common practice for many ISPs to manage data on their networks, and there are very few which do not, and as this is in their T&C it's not an easy get out clause.
My latest speedtest Results:

fuzed

Post by fuzed » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm

just tried it on fast and test my net, got 12mb on fast, and test my net dropped to 7ish MB... shocking.

fuzed

Post by fuzed » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:20 am

a video of me trying to use just facebook.... sorry its a bit shakey, but shows the slow down/lag at 8pm onwards.

https://youtu.be/pacNU_ak654

403DCD

Post by 403DCD » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:08 am

fuzed wrote:a video of me trying to use just facebook.... sorry its a bit shakey, but shows the slow down/lag at 8pm onwards.

https://youtu.be/pacNU_ak654

I'm not gonna bother clicking the YT link - but VOIP is prioritised on certain connections. Bear in mind (as has been stated) that "up to" means precisely that. If you've got numerous wifi stuff, it's gonna make a difference.

Anymore help? PM me.

M@SSE

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:50 am

Every night at 7-10pm the internet nose dives. Can't pretend that going from 74mbps at 6mb to sometimes 3mbps at 7pm isn't a huge issue

deanos

Post by deanos » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:27 am

It does not matter if they have it in the t+c's about throttling, there is a guaranteed minimum you should be getting and if its below that then its not good enough and its a valid reason to leave

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... -your-deal

fuzed

Post by fuzed » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:18 pm

mines the same, I've spent 30quid on a VPN and low and behold traffic speeds right up with the VPN enabled, it appears they are majorly traffic shaping.

My service is not usable without the VPN running, but I'm seeing speed tests with 69/70mb with it enabled, as soon as it's disabled its dropping to 4 to 6mb this evening.

I'm not paying for such a poor service, I've had the Openreach engineer out and told him it was a waste of his time, but let him do his work etc, and told him about the traffic management issues.

So the ball is now in SSE's court, I've asked them to guarantee I can leave without penalty should they not be able to fix the issues, and they have agreed, will keep this post updated.

T&C's aside, they service should be useable, no matter what, there is no excuse to be providing such a poor service.

DJC1690

Post by DJC1690 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:02 am

heres mine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fuzed

Post by fuzed » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:52 am

not great is it, actually had speeds of 0.6MBs the other day!!!! that was shocking.

Waiting for Michael Marley, manager at SSE Social Media team to get back to me.

Honestly I am truly disappointed, as it was a good service up until now, and I would have stayed put if they hadn't had so many damn issues.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:38 pm

Michael is okay. He sorted my issues and early release, but only after it was escalated to him. After that it was sorted in a few days.

Mark