Photos - Welcome Pack Received

Discussions and information after you have ordered your services from SSE
admin
Site Admin
Photos - Welcome Pack Received

Post by admin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:46 am

Below is a photo of my welcome pack that arrived today (1st June) although dated 19th May.
WP_20160601_11_39_53_Pro.jpg
WP_20160601_11_38_05_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marksfish

Re: Photos - Welcome Pack Received

Post by Marksfish » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:58 pm

"All you need to connect"

Except the router :lol: (I know it's been delivered, but found that statement amusing)

Although I expect the info is in there to set up a 3rd party router?

Mark

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi Mark,

No, there are no connection details in the welcome pack at all. Not even the connection date.

Just billing details and the package names and prices mainly.

Thanks

twinkle

Post by twinkle » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:26 pm

Well I have the router but no welcome pack. I do have a date though (via email) but I'm on holiday so that will be interesting. Doubt I need an engineer though. Also I do not have an account number so I cannot even submit a Quidco claim. Its very micky mouse isn't it :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi Twinkle,

With regards to the account number if you login to the SSE account website using the e-mail address and password you chose when you ordered, that should show your account number now.

Please let me know if it shows for you.

Thanks

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:27 pm

I think it all needs a polish, but then again they are relatively new to the market and we are the guinea pigs. This is probably why the offers are so good at the moment, i'm sure they will go up once they know what they are doing and have enticed enough of us to try them.

I am a tad annoyed though as I do not want connection before 10th June (unlikely) and I go away on holiday on 12th June, so like twinkle, that could be interesting. It seems they want to send an engineer for fibre to fibre migrations, not sure what that is all about, presumably again because they are new and want to make sure everything is as it should be.+Net wanted to send one to my migration to them, but I was able to stop it. I don't want an engineer and it really should be self install as they are supplying a modem/ router combo.

Mark

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm not sure whether the appointments people are mentioning are just something showing on letters and are not actual appointments.

I called them today asking when the router would arrive (just before it did), and they asked if I had FTTC already. When I said 'yes', they said 'Oh, you won't be getting an engineer then, it will just need you to swap over the router when your existing service stops working'.

happyman

Post by happyman » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:01 am

I already have fibre with BT and SSE told me over the phone that no engineer was required. I haven't received my welcome pack yet though.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:54 pm

My welcome pack has arrived today (dated 24th May) but as yet I have no router or activation/ migration date.

Mark