When 'should' the welcome pack arrive?

Discussions and information after you have ordered your services from SSE
brandonsbillingham
Re: When 'should' the welcome pack arrive?

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Marksfish wrote:I am, but Tap3 is refusing to load now giving DNS errors. Worked on Friday night :cry:
What is Tap3 :?: :)

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:58 pm

When you use the BTW tester, you do the first test (Tap1), then there is the test which is sent to the ISP (Tap2) and then there is a chance of even further diagnostics (Tap3), but you are only offered that if your line is underperforming.

Mark

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Marksfish wrote:When you use the BTW tester, you do the first test (Tap1), then there is the test which is sent to the ISP (Tap2) and then there is a chance of even further diagnostics (Tap3), but you are only offered that if your line is underperforming.

Mark
Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:43 am

Got advised by the Plus Net forum to ring and let them know I was moving to SSE as per the email they sent asking me to call. Reminded me why I wanted to leave, person I spoke to was incredibly rude and unhelpful and couldn't understand why I wanted out.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Nooooo. SSE would do all the legwork. The only time you should contact PN is once your service has transferred so that they can close the account and process the refund (they don't always get notified when migration completes). If you have told them you are cancelling, there will probably be a cease order put on your line. If there is any hiccup in the migration period, you could find yourself with phone and broadband cut off and a £30 fee for the priviledge.

I moved from PN and didn't say a dicky bird until after the migration was successfully completed. They had been notified and the refund had already been processed.

Mark

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:21 pm

So much conflicting information on the Plusnet forum but a Plus Net staff member advised me to call it so they were aware I was moving to SSE and could ensure the contract on the account was accurate for when SSE send them notification.

Looking at the notes they added on the account it says awaiting migration notification from SSE as advised by the customer.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Fingers crossed they don't mess it up for you.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Had someone call me to clarify everything so hopefully all will be okay.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Not a good start.

Called to check on status of order and there was apparently some sort of issue and now they need an IT guy to reset my account. No idea what this means but currently waiting for a call back but nothing has been progressed. :(

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Apparently it's 'resolved' and the manager is pushing things through to ensure I'm not at the back of the queue. Not full of confidence but hopefully things are actually moving forward.