When 'should' the welcome pack arrive?

Discussions and information after you have ordered your services from SSE
brandonsbillingham
When 'should' the welcome pack arrive?

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:54 am

Hi,

I signed up on the 9th (yesterday) as I need to move away to a cheaper service. I know I'm taking a chance but have got some written assurances about leaving etc.

How long has it taken others to get connected / get their welcome packs. I have until the 30th July to give Plus Net notice and I'm relying on SSE to do this.

Thanks

Marksfish

Re: When 'should' the welcome pack arrive?

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:39 pm

If you are migrating, don't tell PN, it is up to SSE to let them know you are leaving. If you tell PN, you could end up with a cease order on your line and a £30 cease fee added.

You won't normally receive the welcome pack until the 14 days cancellation is up. You will find out when you are due to migrate as you will receive a email from PN saying your service will stop on X date. Router will arrive about a week before you go live.

Not so sure the written assurances will be of much use in the evening slowdowns!!

Mark

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:37 pm

So it the case SSE do nothing for 14 days after you make the order? Or should they be contacting Plusnet during that time?

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:58 pm

They will do nothing as it is the cooling of period. If they arrange your transfer in that time and you decide not to go through with it, they will be liable for any costs incurred (or any mistakes made).

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:08 pm

It's interesting they do nothing as you can cancel penalty free up until 5PM the day before you go live, so their liable for charges at any times.

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:20 pm

brandonsbillingham wrote:Hi,

I know I'm taking a chance but have got some written assurances about leaving etc.
Who did you get the written assurances from PN or SSE? If it is SSE, I would be very interested in those.. :mrgreen:

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:54 pm

SSE. When I cancelled my original order last week they sent me a follow up email (as I cancelled via email) asking why and I explained it was to do with the negative reports of speeds.

They said these were 'localised' and being worked on and that if I changed my mind and wished to give them a try I could always leave once going live if I can't get the lower end of the advertised speeds rated for my line.

I guess this isn't gospel but at the moment I pay £32 (soon to be £34) to Plusnet for less than SSE offer up. The only way Plusnet would go cheaper is £29 a month for 24 months on the 40/2 product.

Decided to take my chances Saturday evening after seeing reports around the internet of some general improvement and give it a go. Guessing you're still having major issues Doogie?

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:30 pm

I had a rock solid connection with PN and no issues (excpet for 3 weeks when I first signed up). Take a look at this last page of mine last night: http://www.discussisp.com/forum/viewtop ... p=481#p481 . May be localised, but it can be very frustrating when even the BT speedtester site won't load!!

Mark

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Marksfish wrote:I had a rock solid connection with PN and no issues (excpet for 3 weeks when I first signed up). Take a look at this last page of mine last night: http://www.discussisp.com/forum/viewtop ... p=481#p481 . May be localised, but it can be very frustrating when even the BT speedtester site won't load!!

Mark
At least the one test they will actually accept is now failing. Are you passing these on to the support team as well?

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:39 pm

I am, but Tap3 is refusing to load now giving DNS errors. Worked on Friday night :cry: