When 'should' the welcome pack arrive?

Discussions and information after you have ordered your services from SSE
Marksfish
Re: When 'should' the welcome pack arrive?

Post by Marksfish » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:34 pm

Still only a week since ordering though. Mine took almost 4 weeks from order to migration.

Mark

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:05 am

The annoying part is if I hadn't called then nothing would have happened it would have just sat there.

Issue stems from an order that was placed and then cancelled and a new order placed instead. Account was still marked as cancelled and needed resetting, apparently only a few people can do this kind of thing.

The broken callback promise was also a shame but everyone was very helpful on the phone.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:42 am

to be fair, every time I have called them, I have used 0800 980 8095 which is usually answered within 10 minutes (I don't mind holding on a 0800 number so much) and I have always found the staff to be very helpful.

Hopefully it will all be seamless for you now :D

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:00 am

Not so seamless but not a bad experience.

I called today to try and find out about when Plusnet would be notified and she said it was marked on my account for everything to be put through Monday but she would chase it to get it done now.

She took down details (Phone, Email, Bank etc)

Then 30 mins later I got a call from the manager I spoke with yesterday to tell me there was an issue and she wanted to clarify the details. They wanted to be sure of the building I lived in because it didn't match the phone number. I clarified and they went away again.

20 minutes after that she called back and said everything had now been put through and the 23 days would commence from here but I will be regularly updated with it's progress. I also now have an account number so fingers crossed it will be a smooth transition from here.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:23 am

Getting updates via email. Welcome back in next couple of days apparently.

How quickly do things generally move from there?

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:29 pm

I got no updates by email. I got the welcome pack after 2 weeks and I didn't hear anything else from them. I had to rely on the email from PN saying I was leaving to know what date I was migrating in. I got the router 2 days before I went on holiday, which was a week before connection.

brandonsbillingham

Post by brandonsbillingham » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Interesting, doesn't sound consistent then. Guess we'll see if the Welcome Pack turns up in a couple of days as it states