Joining SSE

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
serroco
Joining SSE

Post by serroco » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Having read most of the posts there does not seem much that SSE has going for it except the price.I am looking to change my provider but reading through these post's I do not think it should be to SSE.They seem to promise speeds a lot higher than they can supply, I would expect this normally but not with ultra-fast broadband.The Router is low grade for a Fiber connection, and the Customer service does not seem to be up to speed.I was wondering has SSE got anything going for it or should I go somewhere else. :?:

admin
Site Admin

Re: Joining SSE

Post by admin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi serroco,

It is very difficult to say - as some people we know are not having these types of problems - Why some are and some aren't isn't really clear.

I think you best bet would be to wait another week or so as I know a lot of people on the forum here are due to be connected next week so will be able to provide a wider range of feedback for you.

Admin

serroco

Post by serroco » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks for that I think that is the way to go.

Marksfish

Post by Marksfish » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:58 pm

I think they are going through the usual teething problems that occur with a newish start up. The headline price drags in a lot of people and the connections potentially become saturated. It is how long they take to rectify any situation that will be the teller of what sort of provider they will be.

I don't do a lot of streaming myself, mainly browsing and catch up, but that usually downloads while I go away and do something else. My Wife however works from home occasionally, so the upload speed is a bonus on the ultrafast. I am currently with +Net and due to migrate in, but my date is the 21st, so a while to wait yet.

Hopefully this forum will get a bit more exposure and members, then we will be able to get a real feel for what the service is like.

Mark

serroco

Post by serroco » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 am

Hi
Just a little bit of info,if you sign up through Topcashback you could also get £131-30 cashback on the Ultrafast deal.I say could as it may not track properly but if this is the case if you contact Topcashback within 100 days they will try for you.I have never had a problem of things not tracking but you never know.It is the same deal £21 month Ultrafast + Anytime Calls or other amounts for the other deals so if it does not work for some reason you have lost nothing.I have nothing do do with this site whatsoever this is just for info only.

philhunt

Post by philhunt » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:30 pm

I recently signed up for the ultrafast deal at £21 per month using TopCashBackUK and my £130 appears to tracking ok :D