Router problems with sky

Discuss anything else related to SSE Broadband
Niconelove
Router problems with sky

Post by Niconelove » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Since going over to sse last may I had issues downloading any programmes from sky onto my sky box, all normal channels would download fine (BBC itv c4 etc) but any connected to sky would not work and just failed everytime, after many calls to customer support they said it was nothing to do with them it was skys fault, and after speaking to sky many times it was sse fault. Almost year later and many many hours of Internet research came back with the router wont accept anything from sky. So more phone calls and finally got sse to send out new router and all now works fine. Their technical department doesn't know what its talking about so be warned and any problems insist on a new router

admin
Site Admin

Re: Router problems with sky

Post by admin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi Niconelove,

Welcome to the site and thanks for letting us know about your experience.

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get a resolution in the end - just a shame it took a lot of effort on your part to get it resolved.

Unfortunately the experience I have had with other ISP's - including TalkTalk, Sky and BT have been no different.

Out of interest what sort of speeds are you getting with your SSE connection ?

Thanks

Niconelove

Re: Router problems with sky

Post by Niconelove » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:48 pm

i get at least 35mb download almost all of the time, and 10mb upload so not bad, about the same as i was getting with bt